Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] CSSFontFaceRule does not seem Web compatible

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 19:38:14 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
This was no error, it was an intentional "let's fix this better"
effort by jdaggett years ago that never panned out.  Old 2.1 spec gave
 CSSFontFaceRule a .style property, which worked identically to style
rules, but jdaggett tried to fix it to just put the valid descriptors
directly on the CSSFontFaceRule, like we do with other at-rules.

However, no browser ever picked up the change, including Firefox,
which John was nominally in charge of (for the relevant section). :/
This needs to be reverted to match reality, unless browsers actually
think they can change their implementation. (I'm pretty sure Chrome's
position is that we probably can't.)

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/825#issuecomment-268874332