Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-4] Allow for paragraph-level line breaking

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 03:25:30 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> In some cases you want to edit with stable upstream line breaks, and
 in other cases you want to edit with the best line breaks over all
the content.

I agree.

> So a separate property expressing editing preferences is warranted.

I don't see how this follows from that. A separate value would do as
well.

> I didn't consider adding a note with algorithm suggestions. I expect
 that Liam's n-line optimization is the right suggestion, but maybe
someone can come up with something better. Perhaps a separate issue
would help?

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/803

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/672#issuecomment-266932594