[csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Regarding issue 24 in the spec (about the need to support values other than appearance:auto|none)

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 00:30:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
MatsPalmgren has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

https://drafts.csswg.org/css-ui-4/#appearance-switching
> ISSUE 24 IE supports -webkit-appearance, and also includes the
textfield and button values. Presumably this was done due to
compatibility problems, so we may need to include it as well.

As far as I can tell, Edge supports `-webkit-appearance:none`, but no
other values.  So unless I'm missing something, I think ISSUE 24 can
be removed from the spec.  This is the test I used:
https://people-mozilla.org/~mpalmgren/tests/appearance.html

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/802 using your GitHub
account