Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Stretching image grid items in both dimensions

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 20:16:37 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I think I support @fantasai's proposal, as I cannot think of any
situation where I would want any default behavior to alter the
dimensions of an image...

It seems to me you have misunderstood this issue.  The default value
is `normal` which means preserving the image ratio is the default
behavior, whether you want to stretch just one axis or both.  What
@fantasai is suggesting is to **remove** the possibility for you to
stretch just one axis **without** preserving the ratio. I'm saying we
should let authors do that when they **explicitly** ask for it by
specifying (the non-default) `stretch` value. That gives maximum
flexibility for authors to control the resizing.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MatsPalmgren
Please view or discuss this issue at