Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Stretching image grid items in both dimensions

From: rchrdnsh via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 19:48:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think I support @fantasai's proposal, as I cannot think of any
situation where I would want any default behavior to alter the
dimensions of an image, unless I explicitly required this, using
stretch on both the x and y axis.

As a side note, I would like the ability to choose a focal point on an
 image that would center the image if the viewport in changed in size
in any way smaller than the original image, while preserving the image
 dimensions and cropping any aspect of the image that falls outside of
 the viewport. Not sure I'm explaining that too well, though.
thegrid.io adversities that it does this, although i have not used it
in practice yet.

But anyway, a +1 for @fantasai's suggestion :-)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rchrdnsh
Please view or discuss this issue at