Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scroll-snap] Choosing a snap position when children have mixed scroll-snap-align values

From: Wenson Hsieh via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 00:17:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> since we were asked to defer the 2d snapping, there are no "points"
in snapping. Center-aligning just independently adds vertical and
horizontal snap positions which are independently chosen - you might
get a vertical center-alignment from the element, while you're
horizontally snapped to a different element.

Oh, ok! I think this addresses my concern then. In regards to the
example I posted, since we can only specify a scroll snapping
container that takes vertical and horizontal snap positions into
account separately (using `scroll-snap-type: both mandatory`) we won't
 have to resort to making snap areas contribute line segments.

Just to make sure though -- this would mean that the above example
would behave as if all of the child elements had `scroll-snap-align:
center`?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by whsieh
Please view or discuss this issue at