Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui-4][user-select] value is used value?

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 08:21:47 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I don't remember where we discussed this, so finding the minutes will
take a while, but yes, I did present this design and explain the
justification behind it to the WG when adding it to the spec.

Long story short: Yes, I do know that this description is not a
perfect match with existing reality, but nothing is, since existing
reality is not fully interoperable. This is meant to be a compromise
trying to preserve as much as possible interoperability where there is
 some already, and at the same time to be as sane as possible when we
have some room for maneuver.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/336#issuecomment-237786197