Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] Define <positive-integer>, <positive-number>, <positive-length>, etc. sub-types

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 16:36:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Mathematically, "positive" usually means zero or greater, which is
what I was thinking of, although depending on how the CSS parser
handles -0, you might need some extra text in there.

That's not really true in my experience? Zero is neither positive nor
negative, and there's a lot of stuff backing that up: the relatively
common usage of "non-negative" in precise technical contexts, the
implementations of sign() functions in various languages, the fact
that +0 and -0 are mathematically equivalent, etc.  CSS has been
pretty precise about this, because we've gotten bug reports about "why
 isn't 0 valid?" when we were imprecise and just used "positive".  At
best, whether 0 is considered "positive" or not is ambiguous and
context-sensitive.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/355#issuecomment-237291829