Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors][css-content] :level(an+b) Pseudo Class

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 16:40:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
W3C HTML is an irrelevant garbage fire, so we can ignore what's going
on there.  We can define whether the "top level" is 0 or 1 for the
purpose of this pseudo-class (CSS uses 1-based numbering, so the clear
 answer is 1 for the top level).

Yeah, the discussion of lists is a non-sequitur here.  There's a
well-defined HTML "level" concept based on sections/headings, but no
such concept exists for lists, or is planned to be added.  Some
theoretical language could have such a thing, but not HTML.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/351#issuecomment-237292732