[csswg-drafts] [css-align][css-tables][css-flex] Synthetized baselines seems like a breaking change

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 20:29:44 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
FremyCompany has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-align][css-tables][css-flex] Synthetized baselines seems like
a breaking change ==
The new specs states that baseline alignment shouldn't happen to
synthetized baselines when alignment happens in a container with a top
 and bottom instead of just a text line (something along those lines).

This is a breaking change for flexbox and css-tables, and I think we
should talk about this now.

-----------------------------
>> Also, about synthetized baselines, I understand tables align to
baselines even things that have a synthetized baselines, and I don’t
think we wanna change that. Maybe we need to clarify that somewhere?

> Yes, we need to do that.

Where do you think we should write that statement? In the table spec,
or as part of the changed text you introduced?

I am also worried there might be compat issues for flexbox that would
prevent us from doing the change there. I think that's a question we
should bring up to the Working Group for consideration.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/373 using your GitHub
account