Re: CredWeb, NewsQ, USG Data & MetaFact

Connie, yes, the first step is for the acting parties (performers) to
self-report their own results, in open, standard, machine-readable
format.  That is primary among the use cases
<http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/UC4SwStyle.xml> for the StratML standard,
particularly with reference to plans and reports that should be matters
of public record.  For charities, it is what warrants GuideStar's
platinum shield <https://learn.guidestar.org/platinum>.

If the orgs responsible for such plans and reports are unwilling or
unable to publish them in such format, others can do it for them.
Encouraging and facilitating such reporting is the aim of the
AboutThem.info <http://aboutthem.info/> domain. (Ideally, it would
become a "safe" domain, accommodating no mobile code, only valid StratML
instance documents, i.e., reliable, well-defined and structured data.)

Second and third parties would add value by evaluating and reporting
degrees of confidence and concurrence/disagreement with self- and
other-reported results.  (The most valuable second-party reports would
be from beneficiary stakeholders but third-party observers would
aggregate, analyze, compare and otherwise add value to such reports, as
various rating and ranking services already do, in proprietary ways.)
See StratML tool, app, and service requirement Goal 10: Results Auditing
& Validation
<http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/part2/SMLTASwStyle.xml#_15447dd2-208f-11e6-a80e-7333871eb3cb>
- Analyze and report to stakeholders the degrees to which the results of
interest to them are being accurately measured and reported by the
organizations establishing the relevant goals and objectives.  Results
would be routinely reported for all public objectives, worldwide,
including corporate objectives of regulatory concern.  Eventually, orgs
failing to do so would become non-beings as their resources are
withdrawn by their stakeholders and they cease to exist. (Politicians
should be among the first to suffer that fate.)

Such is the vision of more efficient, effective, credible, and valuable
reporting (as well as advertising/marketing) services in the
not-too-distant future.

Those who prefer to write "creative" stories and engage in marketing
hype will continue to find a vast market for fiction, as the truth
continues to be less important to those who aren't required to work for
a living in order to efficiently produce results benefiting others,
beyond the momentary pleasure of it all.  Come to think of it, that
seems pretty much already to be the case... except the distinction
between storytelling and performance reporting should become clearer as
more people decline to be fooled all of the time.

In any event, as I learn of them and as time permits, I will continue
documenting in StratML format the plans of those who are aiming to help
make information more credible on the Web.

Owen