Re: Maximizing interoperability between DID methods

út 9. 5. 2023 v 13:18 odesílatel Joel Thorstensson <joel@3box.io> napsal:

> Hi CCG,
>
> I've been thinking a bunch about DID interoperability recently. Took the
> time to captured my thoughts in an article. My primary aim here is to
> describe a subset of the DID specification that enables interoperability
> across DID methods primarily in the context of fully decentralized and
> trustless applications, e.g. "local-first" or "self-certifying".
>
> I hope this can lead to a productive conversation around how we as a
> community can coordinate to make the applications we are building more
> composable!
>
> Article:
> https://stigmergic.org/posts/generative-did-maximalism/

From your article:

> 167 DID methods registered

Indeed there are 169 DID URIs registered.  And more unregistered.

> As we’ve seen in this article, the mutability of DIDs makes it next to
impossible to interoperate many DID methods while keeping our systems
trustless

> Syncing multiple blockchains is simply infeasible for most users which
leads to centralized solutions for resolving DIDs

Yes, I came to the same conclusion.

The proposed solution using generative DIDs and OCAPs offers some
interesting ideas for addressing the centralization problem. However, it
may not fully resolve the issue, as it still requires trustless
timestamping and possibly the use of potentially centralized revocation
registries. The reliance on light clients for certain DID methods might not
completely eliminate the need for centralized intermediaries.