Re: Introducing the Bitcoin Ordinals DID Method

Melvin,

There is no proposal being made here for you to oppose. If inscriptions
were off-chain this would break the discoverability of the method and*
r**equire
additional sidechains or tokens *which goes against the main goal of the
method. Since inscriptions are possible on the Bitcoin network *today* this
method is also already possible.

Since the method inherits the security of layer 1 Bitcoin it is the most
decentralized and censorship-resistant method available. I am more
interested in hearing this community's thoughts regarding the technical
implementation, not the politics of whether Bitcoin should or shouldn't be
used for decentralized public key infrastructure. Bitcoin is so much more
than a financial network.

Brian