Re: FW: Selective Disclosure for W3C Data Integrity

Hi Dave, Markus, Luca and all. I think the worry comes with nested
properties and how the processing algorithms use tie things together.
Consider an inventory of windsurfing (sailing gear) where the date/age
of the gear is important (the gear has a hard life):

|{ "sails": [ { "size": 6.1, "year": 2023}, { "size": 7.0, "year": 2020}
], "boards": [ { "name": "CompFoil170", "year": 2022}, { "name": "Tillo
Custom", "year": 2019} ] } |

How we process such a file for selective disclosure can prevent things
being taken out of context. In the “Open Attestation” (a Merkel Tree
approach) then use a library like flat
<https://www.npmjs.com/package/flat> to produce a set of statements:

|{ "sails.0.size": 6.1, "sails.0.year": 2023, "sails.1.size": 7,
"sails.1.year": 2020, "boards.0.name": "CompFoil170", "boards.0.year":
2022, "boards.1.name": "Tillo Custom", "boards.1.year": 2019 } |

Each of these statements trace the full nesting and hence one wouldn’t
be able to swap the |year| attribute of the various pieces of equipment.
Dave (Longley) do you have an example of how the JSON-LD
canonicalization prevents this (via the node ids and such)?

Cheers Greg B.

​