Re: Unlawful Unregistered Securities, DID and VC

> On Tuesday, June 13, 2023 14:14:14 (+02:00), Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> st 7. 6. 2023 v 15:20 odesílatel Michael Prorock <michael.prorock@mesur.io> napsal:
>> Personal hat firmly on, I would be a fan of removing the did registry. Especially in favor of standardizing of few methods, such as did:web
>
> That makes sense to me, Mike, as a possible way forward

-1, that sounds dangerously close to censoring everyone publishing a
DID Method in the registry just because of a few bad actors and
assertions that have yet to work their way through the legal system.

We shouldn't turn our back on those that are trying to re-decentralize
the Web. Yes, we should consider these events and discuss how we might
respond to them, but no, we shouldn't overreact and shut the whole
thing down (as much as there are those that would like to see that
happen).

Chaals said many of the things that I wanted to say, only more
eloquently put than I could have done.

I'm saying the above as one of the maintainers of the DID Spec
Registries, who is not fond of the amount of work that that particular
registry produces.

I'm also saying this as one of the DID WG members who fought hard to
ensure that we'd have a mechanism that allowed many flowers to bloom.

There are problems with the DID Spec Registries that need to be
addressed, but shutting the whole thing down sounds premature and
feels like an overreaction to events that are going to take years to
unfold.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/