Re: [Agenda] W3C CCG 1/31/23 - Supporting Elision with Gordian Envelopes

On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 10:54 AM Harrison <harrison@spokeo.com> wrote:

> *Main Agenda:  Supporting Elision with Gordian Envelopes*
> We are pleased to have Christopher Allen
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/christophera/> (former W3C CCG co-chair and
> the co-author of TLS), Wolf McNally
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/wolfmcnally/>, and Shannon Appelcline
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/shannon-appelcline-0aa3a0/> present on
> "Supporting Elision with Gordian Envelopes" at W3C CCG next Tuesday
> 1/31/23.  Below are some high-level overviews about the Gordian Envelope.
> Please read them before the meeting so that you can have the foundational
> knowledge about this subject.
>
>    - High-level overview:
>    https://www.blockchaincommons.com/introduction/Envelope-Intro/
>    - Intro Video:  https://youtu.be/OcnpYqHn8NQ
>
> Look forward to learning more about the Gordian Envelope!

 W3C CCG Members,

Thank you for inviting us to the Weekly Call this coming Tuesday to talk
about Gordian Envelope.

I wanted to briefly introduce the topic to you before the call:

Gordian Envelope is a specification for the architecture of a “smart
document.” It supports the secure, reliable, and deterministic storage and
transmission of data such as seeds, keys, digital identifiers, and digital
credentials in a way that enables privacy while preserving structure.

Gordian Envelope’s privacy features are built on a hashed Merkle Tree that
provides implicit support for cryptography of your choice and explicit
support for privacy-related methodologies such as progressive trust and
Merkle-based selective disclosure.

We’ve written a considerable number of documents on the topic, and I’ve
provided some major links for them below. I hope that you’ll be able to
either read our short introductory article
<https://www.blockchainco...oduction/Envelope-Intro/|Change|Remove> or
watch our seven-minute introductory video
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcnpYqHn8NQ|Change|Remove> before the call!

If you want more, here’s the rest:
<https://hackmd.io/Qch_-ptuSvmJ-BUv5V-QXA#Introductory-Links-about-Gordian-Envelope1>Introductory
Links about Gordian Envelope:

   - Doc: An Introduction to Gordian Envelopes
   <https://www.blockchaincommons.com/introduction/Envelope-Intro/>
   - Doc: A Technical Overview of Envelopes
   <https://github.com/BlockchainCommons/Gordian/blob/master/Envelope/Intro-Tech.md>
   - Listing: Envelope Technical Documents
   <https://github.com/BlockchainCommons/Gordian/tree/master/Envelope#articles>

<https://hackmd.io/Qch_-ptuSvmJ-BUv5V-QXA#Videos-about-Gordian-Envelope1>Videos
about Gordian Envelope:

   - Video: Introduction to Envelopes
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcnpYqHn8NQ>
   - Playlist: Full Gordian Envelope Playlist
   <https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCkrqxOY1FbooYwJ7ZhpJ_QQk8Az1aCnG>

<https://hackmd.io/Qch_-ptuSvmJ-BUv5V-QXA#Use-Cases-for-Gordian-Envelope1>Use
Cases for Gordian Envelope:

   - Article: Summary of Use Cases
   <https://www.blockchaincommons.com/introduction/Gordian-Envelope-Use-Cases/>
      - Educational
      <https://github.com/BlockchainCommons/Gordian/blob/master/Envelope/Use-Cases/Educational.md>
      - Data Distribution
      <https://github.com/BlockchainCommons/Gordian/blob/masterEnvelope/Use-Cases/Data.md>
      - Asset Control
      <https://github.com/BlockchainCommons/Gordian/blob/master/Envelope/Use-Cases/Financial.md>
      - Software Release
      <https://github.com/BlockchainCommons/Gordian/blob/master/Envelope/Use-Cases/Software.md>

<https://hackmd.io/Qch_-ptuSvmJ-BUv5V-QXA#Standardization-for-Gordian-Envelope1>Standardization
for Gordian Envelope

   - IETF Draft: The Envelope Structured Data Format
   <https://blockchaincommons.github.io/WIPs-IETF-draft-envelope/draft-mcnally-envelope.html>
   - FAQ: Why CBOR?
   <https://www.blockchaincommons.com/introduction/Why-CBOR/>

Thanks again for the interest. We look forward to offering a short
presentation on Tuesday and then answering questions on Gordian Envelope.

-- Christopher Allen
Executive Director & Principal Architect
Blockchain Commons