From: Girish Narang <gnarang@live.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2023 8:43:54 PM
To: Mike Prorock <mprorock@mesur.io>; W3C Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
Cc: sheik.nizamuddin@gmail.com <sheik.nizamuddin@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Research study on misinformation, etc

Hello Mike,

Thank you for sharing my research questionnaire<https://forms.gle/g3gUTWgV4tEcrUeXA> to the group. I’d very much appreciate all your input to my research. And please feel free to share with your other network circle.  I have only one third of the required number of respondents (52/150).

A bit of background about myself: I’m based in Montreal- Canada and I work as a Cloud Solution Architect at SG, working in tech since 2003 I started as a software dev in .NET and doing architecture/design since 2012.  I have a keen interest in AI/Blockchain and during the pandemic, I wanted to develop – the management/people-side skill, hence opted to do an MBA with AI/Blockchain modules.

In my dissertation phase now.

The title of my research is: Tackling The Spread Of False Information On Social Media Platforms In The United States: With AI And Blockchain Technologies

Based on the following main research questions:

  *   What are the impacts of false information on individuals, organizations, or society in the United States?
  *   Why do we need to regulate false information like fake news and be held accountable in sharing them?
  *   How can technologies like Artificial intelligence, machine learning and blockchain help tackle this issue?

Here is my LinkedIn profile, if you’d like to connect to my professional network: https://www.linkedin..com/in/girish-narang/<https://www.linkedin.com/in/girish-narang/>

I am also adding: sheik.nizamuddin@gmail.com<mailto:sheik.nizamuddin@gmail.com> to the email thread – he is as well doing his research on a similar topic.

Please feel free to reach out if you’d like to discuss on any similar topics. I am interested and keen to learn and share with like-minded individuals.

Have a great Friday and a great week end ahead.

Thank you and looking forward to connecting with you in the future.

Cordialement/Regards,

Girish Narang