Re: The importance of PQC / Stop using RSA immediately

I think Orie and I may have been putting the most time in in regards to PQC
and VCs/DIDs.  Definitely something that waiting on an answer for is not
the right approach.  This is not to say switch to Dilithium or similar
immediately, but have a plan.  Most of the active work at this point is at
IETF standards wise, and places like
https://openquantumsafe.org/ on the implementation side.  This however is
enabling testing and use with VCs and DIDs and I highly encourage some
familiarity with the "new" signature methods and KEMs as there are impacts
on key sizes, signature generation time, and verification time.

We ran a main CCG call last year on the topic and we can definitely dust
that off again this year as we see more from NIST on the topic.

The KEM stuff is mostly still at CFRG and will likely be working it's way
into JOSE/COSE come IETF in March.

Mike Prorock
mesur.io