Re: Standardization of OAuth2 server-to-server flows using DIF Presentation Exchange?

Looking at IETF GNAP, it can probably support non-browser authz flows in a more semantic manner. And cryptographic keys are treated as first-class citizen (at least more than in OAuth2), which makes combining it with DIDs and VCs easier. But it's still an ongoing effort (draft), just like OAuth 2.1, although that applies to many (most?) SSI-related standards.

But as the EU recommends usage of OpenID4VP in its Wallet Architectural Reference Framework (https://digital-strategy.ec.europa.eu/en/library/european-digital-identity-architecture-and-reference-framework-outline), OAuth2 might be the logical choice for services and wallets targeting the EU (although the framework does not specify m2m interactions).

Best regards,

Rein