Re: Funded Deployments of Verifiable Credentials - framework for meta-credentials

On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 1:35 AM David Chadwick <d.w.chadwick@truetrust.co.uk>
wrote:

> Depending upon your definition, every VC is an authorisation for
> something, otherwise there would be little point in having it.

A key feature of a capability is that it combines designation with
authorization.  Any time you separate those two things, you leave yourself
open to a confused deputy attack.  Your diploma does not designate a
resource and an authorization.  It is a statement about you that may be
used for a variety of purposes.  That separation of designation from
authorization is dangerous and why I recommend keeping the two kinds of
certificates distinct.

Alan Karp