Re: [EXTERNAL] [jfraichot@learningmachine.com] Re: Universal signature verifier

Thanks Markus,

Yeah I expect it couldn’t be a one man/team job to maintain all the various options, which is why I was thinking something along the lines of the Universal Did Resolver, where implementers would add their own driver. For instance, I don’t believe MerkleProof2019 is widely used, but having such a universal verifier would allow more systems to support seamlessly verification for Blockcerts’ implementation of Verifiable Credentials. Conversely (and this is where it interests me), our wallet could support a broader range of Verifiable Credentials if I didn’t have to deterministically decide which verification suites to support.

Is your verifier working in such a way? Is it open source?

From: Markus Sabadello <markus@danubetech.com>
Date: Wednesday, 4 May 2022 at 14:55
To: public-credentials@w3.org <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [jfraichot@learningmachine.com] Re: Universal signature verifier
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Hyland. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hello Julien,

We (Danube Tech) have a "Universal Verifier" here:
https://univerifier.io/

But I don't claim that it actually supports all the credential formats and signature suites in existence...

Especially considering that at the last Internet Identity Workshop a lot of different formats were identified:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aNHvPhFv85HHlG8Ry2etrw15KdY830oAL804rMFY9bY/

all the best,
Markus