FIDO - and its future? Relative to VCs

From: Kaliya Identity Woman <kaliya@identitywoman.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 20:36:09 -0700
To: Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
Hi CCG!

 I'm writing to share an article in WIRED about the "future of FIDO"
 It just came out and reading it made me wonder how what they are
proposing/doing.
 https://www.wired.com/story/fido-alliance-ios-android-password-replacement/
A Big Bet to Kill the Password for Good
After a decade of work, the FIDO Alliance says it’s found the missing piece
in the bridge to a password-free future.
I'm curious if this group might invite a FIDO person to explain to us what
they 'are' doing/proposing.

I also want to share context - that i'm curious if anyone actually knows
details about - Kim Cameron before he died said he was sketching out how he
saw VCs/SSI - OIDC/SIOP - and FIDO all dancing well together.

- Kaliya