Re: 2022-2026 Verifiable Data Standards Roadmap [DRAFT]

On 3/18/22 3:55 PM, Kaliya Identity Woman wrote:
> Here is a summary of the different groups at DIF ... Here is the DIF
> calendar link ... ToIP "working group activity page" ... Here is the ToIP
> Calendar Link ... there is the Kantara Initiative, Open Identity Exchange
> OpenID Foundation ... Of course there are things that compete happening
> like the GAIN.. Then there are folks at ToIP trying to build out
> decentralized trust registries for various use-cases  ... MOSIP
> <https://mosip.io/> - Modular Open Source Identity Platform and OpenCRVS
> (civil registration and vital statistics) by Plan International. ... There
>  is the Me2B Alliance, and the Vendor Relationship Management .. Digital
> Identity and Authentication Council of Canada and ID2020... IEEE - has its
>  7000 series
>
> So I hope this inspires some folks to get out and meet the neighbors.

The only thing that did for me is make me want to crawl under my desk and rock
myself to sleep. :P

Add to it this gem from Andrew...

On 3/23/22 10:52 PM, Andrew Hughes wrote:
> Add your expertise to the ISO work through your national standards body.

Oh, come on! You've gotta be kidding us, right!? :P

Who does that!? Other than you (who are exceptional in every way),
governments, and huge corporations. The barrier to entry is so fantastically high.

Compare that to the barrier to entry for participating in CCG -- a heart beat
and an email address. :P

... though we're lucky in that we've attracted many capable people (and
capable people in waiting). Every single one of them can engage in work here
and at some level in W3C WG's (the issue trackers are open to the general public).

Look... I spend nearly every waking moment of my life doing this stuff...
days, nights, weekends, and have for over a decade (and I'm a youngster
compared to many of you!). Many of us cannot do more than we're already doing
-- coordination is /hard/ and takes a lot of time and is a high risk activity
(high chance of failure).

That is why we depend on people to be connectors between the communities
(Kaliya, Andrew, and our Chairs and work item leaders).

For the rest of us that are digging as fast as we can, we really gotta give
'em a break -- they can't do what they do AND be community connectors every
time people feel that needs to happen.

People put their time in where they feel it is needed, and together, we move
all of this stuff along... more slowly and chaotic than any of us would
like... but, if the past couple of years are any indication, we ARE making
progress.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/