RE: Centralization dangers of applying OpenID Connect to wallets protocols (was: Re: 2022-2026 Verifiable Data Standards Roadmap [DRAFT])

From: John, Anil <anil.john@hq.dhs.gov>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 17:11:56 +0000
To: Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
> How do we avoid coercion?

What is the current approach to avoiding coercion when it comes to the use of physical credentials?

> Another issue involves the temptation to use strong credentials for trivial transactions.

What is the current approach to avoid the use of strong physical credentials for trivial transactions?

The point of my questions to your questions is very simple – I acknowledge that the problem exists, but also that the problem is not specific to digital credentials.

As such, any solutions to both questions will not necessarily have a technical answer.

Best Regards,

Anil