Re: Centralization dangers of applying OpenID Connect to wallets protocols (was: Re: 2022-2026 Verifiable Data Standards Roadmap [DRAFT])

On 3/22/22 1:53 AM, Joe Andrieu wrote:
> Hmmm...
>
> How is my wallet incentivized to falsify my consent?
>
> That's seems like worrying about revolvers that are incentivized to
> misfire. Once it becomes known that a particular revolver has poor
> performance characteristics, people will stop buying it. Problem solved.
> Companies are always going to have varying quality in their products.
> Choose wisely.
>
> If a wallet is compromised, you're screwed. Period. Trusting your wallet
> is fundamental to being able to trust anything in the system.

+1

This is also why wallet choice is essential. If users don't have the
freedom to choose their wallets, this feedback loop gets messed up. So,
if we are worried about wallets mistreating their users -- then the
solution is to ensure that users have the freedom to choose whatever
wallet they want.

--
Dave Longley
CTO