Re: Centralization dangers of applying OpenID Connect to wallets protocols (was: Re: 2022-2026 Verifiable Data Standards Roadmap [DRAFT])

On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 9:57 AM Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> The current OpenID approaches seem to be saying: "That problem is too
> hard, so
> let's just use the centralized rails that we have set up today; we can
> realize
> immediate benefit because of the value of VCs and DIDs WITHOUT solving the
> open wallet ecosystem problem!" or "Let's just assume that you're using two
> devices, because that problem is easier to solve."... which are strategies
> that avoid the point of contention.

You keep saying this but I haven't really seen you address my comments to
the contrary, so I'll ask more directly:

Please explain what the centralized rails are for SIOP, such as the
sections of the spec you have concerns about.

Since you brought up CHAPI as the alternative, I'd also appreciate
an explanation how the CHAPI polyfill does not meet the requirements to be
called 'centralized'.

-DW

distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have
computer. Thank you._