Re: List function question/problem --

On 2022-03-20 2:11 pm, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 3/20/22 3:24 PM, Steven Rowat wrote:
>> Are posts to this list normally sent back to the original poster as well as the list?
> No, I don't think they are. At least, I don't get postings of my original email. I see them pop up via the mailing list.

I see that I wasn't clear.

What I meant was that the list apparently doesn't send my posts to me at all. The list itself.

In other words, I never receive my own post, from the list. Not even once. But other people do.

> As far as I know, nothing has changed w/ how I get notified that my email went through to any W3C mailing list. I've never gotten a "confirmation receipt" style email.

Right. Me either. I didn't mean that.

> You /might/ be thinking that you've been getting one because, IF someone responds to you AND the mailing list, you will get two emails.

Yes, I know about this, and I've had that happen. This isn't that. I don't not get two. I get none. :-)

> One way to know for sure is to go here and look for your email: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-credentials/2022Mar/

Yes, I see the most recent one there. And of course you saw it because you answered. But the list didn't send it to me.

> I've nosed around on the CCG web pages, and my W3C account, but can't find any place where there's a setting that would cause this.
> There might be one... W3C uses hypermail as their list management software: http://www.hypermail-project.org/hypermail.html

That page is very complex and dense, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't have such a setting on it.

So I'm still stumped.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, and you don't see your emails on the list either. Ever.

?

Steven