Re: Thoughts on Block's / Jack Dorsey's new DID+VC direction?

In Austin last week, it was fun seeing a bunch of web3 grapple with web5. I had to change my twitter bio from ‘web3’ to ‘web3’. Someone else said after web5, we must go to web8 (the next fibonacci number). A 20 year old crypto exec said to me “there’s too many webs now”. I asked “how many webs should there be?”

The thing I’m watching for here are which other did methods will work with this? The code is open source, but will it be easy to add support for other did methods or uniresolvers? How easy is this to self-host? Can I discover and install plugins? Is it fast and bug-free enough for it to be fun to use? are the apps local-first?