Re: Web3 First Impressions by Moxie Marlinspike (was: Re: Ideals meet Implementations - Blockchains, NFTs, Decentralization, Oh My!)

Hi,

Stating that the conclusion of a blog post of a person, who leads the efforts for privacy in the internet, are equally dangerous to the opinions of a dictator that killed thousands in Europe, is offending, to say the least.

Moreover, not everybody can run a full ethereum node. You need a good internet connection and an SSD disk just to keep up with the new transactions. It is nothing like running your own web server. So being part of web2 with your own server is much easier and affordable than participating in web3, which is kind of ironic.

Best,
Nikos

--
Nikos Fotiou - http://pages.cs.aueb.gr/~fotiou
Researcher - Mobile Multimedia Laboratory