Re: use of "nbf" in jwt-encoded VCs

https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/844

https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-data-model/#issuance-date

Basically the name "issuanceDate" was a mistake.

Its use aligns with `nbf` or the idea of postdating a check.

`iat` aligns with `proof.created` (in the JSON-LD)... the VC Data Model
does not have an "abstract" or "serialization independent" representation
of "signature applied at this timestamp the issuer claims is when this
signature was applied"....

I think we all hope for better names and clearer mappings in 2.0.

Regards,

OS

ᐧ

--