FedId CG at W3C and GNAP

From: Orie Steele <orie@transmute.industries>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 14:21:55 -0600
To: Adrian Gropper <agropper@healthurl.com>, Justin P Richer <jricher@mit.edu>, "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>
I asked them whether they considered GNAP via slack.

https://w3ccommunity.slack.com/archives/C02355QUL73/p1641585415001900

They are chartered here: https://fedidcg.github.io/

To look at AuthN that breaks when browser primitives are removed.

They are currently focused on OIDC, SAML, WS-Fed.

The reason I asked them was in relation to the questions we have
discussed regarding "What can GNAP replace".

Clearly GNAP can replace OAuth, but I think you both have now confirmed
that GNAP does not replace OIDC, or federated identity...

I am confirming this one more time, just in case I got that wrong.

Has there yet been discussion on what some kind of OIDC built on GNAP
instead of OAuth would look like?.

OS

--
*ORIE STEELE*