Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Using Email as an Identifier

On 11/12/21 4:18 PM, Eric Kuhn wrote:
> If the user does not yet have a Wallet to use, the issuer will still have a
> record of whatever the accomplishment is until the user does have a
> Wallet.
>
> We would advise our issuance customers to give their users a VC at time of
>  credential attainment (i.e. completing a course) but have a way to come
> back at a later point in time to get issued the Verifiable Credential.

Yes, exactly this -- thanks for putting it so eloquently, Eric. That's what I
was trying to say with "Remember that you can always re-issue already issued VCs."

VCs don't have to be a one and done thing. You can provide a bearer VC to
start, mix in an email if that's all you have, and then re-issue when the
individual gets a more capable digital wallet in time. All of this, of course,
depends on your system of record being able to authenticate the individual
throughout their lifetime -- and for that, you can use email address, SMS,
multifactor, in-person biometrics, or any combination thereof to upgrade their
less capable VC to a more capable one.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/