Re: Using Email as an Identifier

Authentication depends on what kind of fraud you’re concerned about and
whether the verifier is getting the badge in-person. In many cases, like
the NZ Covid VC, the subject identifier needs to match one on a biometric
driver’s license presented in-person. Other VC options available in-person
discussed here:
https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/831#issuecomment-960249901

Adrian