Re: PROPOSAL: Confidential Storage Specification Refactoring 0.1 – March 24, 2021

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 12:46:54 -0400
To: "Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web)" <mwherman@parallelspace.net>, Adam Stallard <adam.stallard@gmail.com>, "Daniel Buchner (Personal) (danieljb2@gmail.com)" <danieljb2@gmail.com>, "Dmitri Zagidulin (dzagidulin@gmail.com)" <dzagidulin@gmail.com>
Cc: "sds-wg@lists.identity.foundation" <sds-wg@lists.identity.foundation>, "sds-wg@dif.groups.io" <sds-wg@dif.groups.io>, Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>, Daniel Buchner <daniel.buchner@microsoft.com>, "Chris Were (chris@verida.io)" <chris@verida.io>, "Orie Steele (orie@transmute.industries)" <orie@transmute.industries>
On 3/24/21 12:05 PM, Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) wrote:
> *PROPOSAL: Confidential Storage Specification Refactoring 0.1 – March 24,
> 2021*

+1 for at least separating the Hub calls from the EDV calls, we finally have
at least those two rough buckets after a year of work.

I don't know if we have enough consensus yet to split the specs, but would be
interested in hearing from folks as they've seemed like oil on water since we
put them together over a year ago.

If we were to split the specs, I'd like to keep the low-level EDV stuff
together with the HTTP API for the EDV (for the time being). We could
naturally split them apart later... but given that we don't have anyone doing
a local API for an EDV yet, I hesitate to split the spec apart on theoretical
grounds that we're going to end up there. I see nothing wrong w/ defining both
the local API and HTTP API in the same document (and then splitting the HTTP
API out later).

Just my $0.02...

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches