Re: decentralised VC renderer question

I would suggest the developer of a given credential type should be the one
developing a suitable rendering. By analogy with the web, if you think
about an HTTPS connection to a website, the content you obtain is
verifiably from that site. In this sense, the web has always had rendering
performed by the content issuer. This solves the n^2 problem you mention.
That rendering is verifiable also, since.it allows for the issuer to sign
the rendering.

That is not to imply a rendering must be 'pretty': PDFs, CSS, colours, etc.
It could be abstract: LaTeX, HTML, ....