Attempts to block work (was: Re: VC HTTP Authorization Conversation)

On 6/10/21 11:00 AM, Adrian Gropper wrote:
> I indeed am attempting to block work on VC-related protocols until "we" as
> a community deal openly with this issue

Given the number of concerns I'm getting related to the "I indeed am
attempting to block work" statement above, let me try and clarify why that is
not a useful strategy in communities that follow standards-body process, like
this one. Please take a moment to read about how W3C determines consensus:

https://www.w3.org/2020/Process-20200915/#Consensus

As you can imagine, W3C has a process to deal with individuals that attempt to
block work. That process is described in detail above and is very effective at
1) ensuring that everyone is able to have their point of view considered, 2)
provide concrete proposals to be considered, and finally 3) make decisions and
move on.

We are doing #1 and #2 above right now, and we will get to #3 very soon now.

I suggest that people involved in the discussion 1) spend their time
attempting to clearly lay out their position, and 2) put concrete proposals
forward that will result in the least amount of dissent.

Attempting to block work without proposing workable concrete counter-proposals
will not be tolerated and will be dealt with accordingly.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/