Re: VC HTTP Authorization Conversation

I'm obviously missing something, and instead of explaining it to me, people
are just shouting louder and louder at why I need to get out of the way of
progress.

Here's what I think I understand:

   - The VC-HTTP endpoint needs to be protected by some kind of bearer
   *token* from a client or a cookie from a browser.
   - This *token* is subject to some "bootstrapping" protocol *that may or
   may not be in scope* for this group.
   - Simply stopping with the token is "kicking the can down the road"
   inadequate for the group.
   - So the group wants to do something with OAuth2 that might or might not
   put the "bootstrap" in scope.
   - In (Alice-to-Bob) delegation use-cases where the client presenting the
   token has not pre-registered with the VC-HTTP server, OAuth2 may not be
   sufficient.
   - In these delegation use cases, the VC-HTTP endpoint would need to be
   protected by UMA or GNAP.
   - But nobody here is arguing for UMA and GNAP is seen as presenting a
   delay to progress.
   - So folks want Adrian to stop insisting that Bob can be delegated by
   Alice to access the VC-HTTP endpoint because all of their use cases are
   fine with Alice and Alice's client always being an intermediary holder for
   the VC.

I'm OK if the group wants to keep "bootstrap", and OAuth2 along with it,
out of scope but that does not seem to be acceptable to some.

So people are suggesting that we should do OAuth2 first and then maybe do
UMA or GNAP later. The group is unclear whether "later" is in another group
and what customers will even care to implement attenuated delegation in the
SSI protocols context. W3C might be just as happy for IETF to worry about
that.

How'm I doing?

- Adrian