Re: Understanding @contexts and credentialSchemas

This won't be a complete answer, but at the time of publication I
believe that field was used in 2 ways.

1. with json schema, see this for example -
https://w3c-ccg.github.io/vc-json-schemas/
2. with hyperledger indy zkp-cl signature vc's

In both cases, "credentialSchemas" was more about the VC data shape and
type, whereas contexts and JSON-LD are best used only for semantics.

There are other tools like SHACL that can help do linked data shape
constraints, perhaps someone might use them with credentialSchemas in the
future.

but AFAIK, "credentialSchemas" is focused on the credential data shape. and
"@context" is focused on the semantics and term definitions used in the
credential.

OS

--