Re: Digital Press Passes and Decentralized Public Key Infrastructures

Hi David,

My points about biometrics were not rare cases. They refer to broad uses in
the analog past and likely to continue in the digital future. This is not a
problem for our data models because the VC and DID data models do not
specify the nature of the attributes. It is a potential problem for
protocols.

Your second point about the Issuer’s rights to protect themselves and their
business are being discussed in a parallel thread where I provide examples
from US Federal regulatory practice (HIPAA) and the related work in UMA 2
informally called the “Adrian Clause”.
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-credentials/2021Jul/0216.html

- Adrian