Re: Bikeshed: Renaming the VC HTTP API

On Jul 21, 2021, at 09:07 PM, Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) <mwherman@parallelspace.net> wrote:

[...several worthwhile thoughts...]

> My 2 cents Canadian (we got rid of pennies along time ago),

Ceasing to mint Canadian pennies was only successful
because you can use US pennies without minting them
yourselves ... even if they're each worth more than
one cent Canadian.  ;-)

> p.s. Here’s a diagram (it appears complicated because it
> is intended for a different purpose).  Home in on the
> green box for the purpose of this discussion.

It *is* complicated, regardless of its intended purpose
or audience.  It does not seem likely to translate well
to an audience that is not already at last somewhat
familiar with its actual intended purpose.

That aside, please consider revisiting this (and your
other) diagram(s) with a contrast testing tool.  This
is a good one --

   https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/

The white or pale-yellow letters on the darker yellow/
orange blobs are particularly difficult to decipher.

Ted