Re: VC HTTP API Telecon Minutes for 2021-07-13

Ted, Manu and group,

The linkage of control to possession based on OAuth 2-style API client
credentials gives the sovereign Issuer the ability to censor or specify the
end-user's client.

This adds to the control a sovereign Issuer already has. In effect, it
introduces a chain-of-custody practice for the VC as if the VC were a piece
of evidence at a crime scene.

It should be noted that legacy VCs such as a Driver's License do not depend
on a certified wallet, postman, or equivalent client credentials for their
interface to the Issuer.

Therefore, the VC Issuer must not have any added control over the API they
expose lest our whole SSI enterprise be attacked as a led-in to digital
slavery.

- Adrian