Verifiable Credential Notarization and Third-Party Notary Services Providers: User Scenarios

From: Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) <mwherman@parallelspace.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 19:45:41 +0000
To: "public-credentials (public-credentials@w3.org)" <public-credentials@w3.org>
I believe there are a large number of scenarios where individual Persons as well as Organizations are going to want to (self) issue Verifiable Credentials using the credential notarization services of a third-party notary service provider.
Here's 2 user scenarios as examples:

  *   User Scenario A:  (steps A1...A8)
Alice self-issues a blood pressure home reading (BPHR) credential to Dr. Bob's Clinic using SOVRONA's credential notarization services. SOVRONA is a third-party notary services provider/network.

  *   User Scenario B: (steps B1...B8)
The Province of Sovronia issues a Sovronia Driver's License to Alice using SOVRONA's credential notarization services. SOVRONA is a third-party notary services provider/network.

I have a some drill-down questions (e.g. protocol detail questions) but first, let me ask what general questions/comments have about the validity of the  2 user scenarios depicted below.

[cid:image003.jpg@01D7797F.B0F961E0]

Best regards,
Michael Herman
Far Left Self-Sovereignist