Re: VC-HTTP-API - A follow up on the RAR presentation

To the extent anyone cares, my perspective is a synthesis of what Daniel
and Justin said during the 4/29 meeting. I most associate with Justin's
saying that GNAP and VC-HTTP API are "perfect" for each other and will
spawn many beautiful children. I'm also solidly with Daniel when he pleads
at the end (39:10) that we not solve the problems of the paying sovereign
ahead of the subjects because that's where the money is. Simply put, I see
the perfect engineering marriage and SSI principle to be aligned and
captured as the authorization / delegation design for VC-HTTP API.

Going next to the internal vs. external point (31:00) by Markus and others
and Manu's recent PROPOSAL to 6. in this thread:

*PROPOSAL: The VC HTTP API will support at least OAuth2 +
client_credentialsfor all API calls that happen within the same trust
boundary.*

I object to this proposal because I believe it is artificial and for many
of the other reasons that Daniel mentioned in his presentation. However, in
the spirit of trying to find common ground and make progress, I urge Manu
and others that want this proposal to do some or all of:

   - Scope VC-HTTP API spec itself to purely internal uses
   - Separate the Issuer API spec from the Verifier and Holder specs
   - Suggest and follow up with W3C where the external authorization to VC
   access work will be done
   - Adopt the cruise ship use-case as one core for the external VC-HTTP
   API.

- Adrian