Mutual respect and assuming good faith (was: Re: VC-HTTP-API - A follow up on the RAR presentation)

On 7/8/21 4:07 PM, Moses Ma wrote:
> PS, it sure would be great if Dave, Manu, Adrian and some of the others
> could spread some love and appreciation around in reply to this thread.

I'd like to appreciate Adrian for regularly challenging whether or not we're
on the right path to privacy, and extend the same thanks to Daniel, who has
repeatedly shown us alternate perspectives that *have* influenced the
direction of our work here, and Moses for looking to the horizon and diffusing
tense situations with levity.

If this community isn't the embodiment of XKCD386, I don't know what is :P

https://xkcd.com/386/

We need all of these perspectives in order to ensure that we're building the
right things... and that's one of the big reasons we have (painful at times)
public meetings and public debate.

We're all trying as hard as we can, so should remember to assume good faith
and be respectful when we are sharing our point of view.

I certainly don't question if Daniel or Adrian are acting in good faith... in
fact, I know they are. I don't think I've encountered a single person in this
community that is acting in bad faith or not willing to listen to alternate
viewpoints. In the same vein, I respect their points of view (but don't always
fully agree with every point, which is fine too). As Adrian said in his email:
"it's working".

I apologize if I have communicated anything to the contrary in trying to drive
the VC HTTP API group toward consensus (or at the very least, a majority
position).

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/