Avoid appeals to motive (was: Re: VC-HTTP-API - A follow up on the RAR presentation)

On 7/8/21 6:55 AM, Daniel Hardman wrote:
> ...if the group continues to insist that its only priorized use cases flow
> from institutions that pay the proximate bills, I can't see how it can
> reach any other conclusion.

Please stop ascribing motives to individuals that they themselves have not
asserted. These are appeals to motive and can quickly turn into ad hominem
attacks:

https://fallacyinlogic.com/circumstantial-ad-hominem-definition-and-examples/

Let's keep the discussion focused on identifying the privacy concerns and how
that is concretely realized via the VC HTTP API... guessing at what motives
might be is a distraction (and is often impossible to do given that each of us
don't share a single background).

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/