From: Adrian Gropper <agropper@healthurl.com>
Sent: January 22, 2021 8:31 AM
To: W3C Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Information minimization thought experiment

Let’s say DID core fails to impose information minimization in the name of herd privacy….

  *   How could individuals in various jurisdictions around the world react?
  *   Will my 5G device have a DID and will the 5G network censor on the basis of DID device method?
  *   What is the DID equivalent of installing an ad blocker in your user agent?
  *   Will some DID methods be outlawed in some countries because they’re not subject to audit?
  *   Will some DID methods be specifically designed to be audited, by law?

Can we even conceive of a DID spec that would adequately answer these questions?

Adrian