From: Michael Herman (Parallelspace)
Sent: January 14, 2021 8:41 PM
To: Bill Claxton <williamc@itr8.com>; public-credentials@w3.org
Cc: williamc@nextid.com
Subject: RE: Tim Berners-Lee: He Created the Web. Now He’s Out to Remake the Digital World.

RE: If we understand the case for end-to-end encryption, why would we insist that two of our service providers must transfer data through my Pod as a way to share it?

I’m not sure this is a target use case for Inrupt/Solid.  From what I’ve read so far, it sounds like the idea behind what TimBL and Inrupt are building is to create a new Web, based on pods, that runs as a peer to the WWW on top of the Internet.

Michael