Re: Tim Berners-Lee: He Created the Web. Now He’s Out to Remake the Digital World.

Thanks, Kayode for sharing your implementation experience and the clear
RWoT9 paper. I have a comment and a question for you and all of us here...

My comment has to do with trying to re-invent protocols around the W3C
standard data models (VC, DID) as well as established public certificates
like SSL. Protocol work in Kayode's paper and much of the work in DIF lags
the state of the art by almost a decade. The SSI community (and maybe
Solid) misses the mark by ignoring the role of self-sovereign
semi-autonomous authorization agents. It also treats as out of scope
protocols that deal with authorization requests without physically having
to transit the credential itself through a personal data store. The risk of
this narrow SSI perspective is that the protocols we're developing will be
incompatible with protocols for access to credentials in-general, with all
of the commonality in data models, revocation, and audit that applies to
all credentials.

Here's a short slide-set about Human-Centered Protocols and Zero Trust
Architecture:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ksKal62ZiApX09Nejm4RSqHzHJbgwpu_l2Ho64_ePKU/edit#slide=id.p

My question has to do with at-rest encryption in Solid or any other group
of SSI-related protocols. What are our options and which ones make sense?

- Adrian