Re: [PROPOSED WORK ITEM] Vaccination Certificate Vocabulary

Thank you all for your answers

Just to be clear, I wasn’t questioning the need for holders to have paper credentials.  100% agree with that.  Huge numbers of people don’t have smart devices.  Sometimes I wish I didn’t have one either..

The question was about verifiers.  As a holder of a paper cert, I usually am asked to present it to some kind of authority or institution (border, transport, agency, bank, etc) in order to complete some transaction.  It is much less common for the verifier not to have access even in the developing world. They still need a smart phone to read the QR in any case. I take the point about power outages.  But then a few hours after the outage my battery would be dead anyway.  Typically the default in this situation is that the verifier will just inspect the paper, maybe jot down the key details to verify later.  In that scenario, as a verifier (without a working smart phone), I need to see the actual data on the paper because my brain can’t parse the QR.

Steven Capell
Mob: 0410 437854