ERC-721 Non-Fungible Token Standard on Ethereum vs. VCs on Hyperledger Indy

From: Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) <mwherman@parallelspace.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 23:02:10 +0000
To: Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
I hope this isn't stretching the favorable use of the CCG mailing list...

When are Hyperledger Indy/Sovrin VCs better than Ethereum smart contracts for NFEs/NFTs (non-fungible entities/tokens)?

It seems obvious but I don't have a detailed/worked out answer.  One project I'm associated with wants to use the ERC-721 Non-Fungible Token Standard on Ethereum but I believe VCs are a better route to take. Part of the desire to stay on Ethereum is there is quite a vibrant NFT community on Ethereum and lots of different EC-721 tokens.

https://eips.ethereum.org/EIPS/eip-721

What are the considerations/decision points/knock-offs?

Best regards,
Michael Herman
Sovrin Foundation Self-Sovereignist

Self-Sovereign Blockchain Architect